06:30 - 07:00
Cluj (Kolozsvár), Rooster Church
(Moților street 84)
08:30 - 09:30
Stana (Sztána), railway station
08:45 - 10:00
Stana (Sztána), Reformed Church
08:30 - 09:30
Stana (Sztána), railway station
- We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start.
- The completion of the tour is only acknowledged if the participant has duly signed up and his/her time card has been stamped at all the checkpoints.
- The detailed description of the route can be found in the Tour Guide.
- In exceptional cases (e.g. extreme weather conditions) the organizers reserve the right to change the tour course or to cancel the whole tour or certain stages of it.
- Each participant enters the tour at their own risk, no claims on any grounds can be made against the organizers.
- The tour passes through conservation areas, please try to leave these intact, so they remain as beautiful as they are today.
Underage participants at the tour
- In case of underage (less than 18 years of age) participants, the parent/guardian of the participant has to sign a Statement regarding the participation of their child at the event, and must send it before the event (until August 15) via e-mail to the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org). The statement form can be downloaded from here.
- The adult escorting a participant under the age of 14 has to sign a Statement regarding the escorting of the child. The statement form filled out automatically with the data provided at registration can be signed at the start. If you would like to read and sign the statement in advance, and send it to the organisers before the event via e-mail (email@example.com), you can download the form from here.
What will be provided for the participants?
The organizers provide each participant with a map, a time card and, upon request, tour guide and memorial T-shirt. Those who complete the tour will be awarded a certificate and a badge.
The Gy53/59 participants will receive energizing food (apple, banana, biscuits, muesli bar, wafer bar, glucose, grape-sugar) at CP 3 (Gârbău Road); water will be available at all checkpoints.
At the end of the tour, at the Szentimrei Villa, the Szentimrei Foundation will invite all participants to a bowl of warm meal (cornmeal porridge with sour cream, cheese and cracklings) (after 2.00 PM).
Passing through the checkpoints
- The opening hours of a checkpoint define the period when the checkpoint steward is on duty at the respective checkpoint.
- Each checkpoint has to be reached within the opening hours of the respective checkpoint.
- If you arrive too late, you may no longer find the checkpoint steward there and cannot have your time card stamped at that checkpoint and you cannot continue the tour.
- In case of minor delays you may want to try to contact the checkpoint steward of the next checkpoint.
Travel to the START location (Gy22/27, Gy19/24, Gy11/17)
The organizers DO NOT provide transportation for the participants to the START locations.
START Gy22/27 and Gy11/17
Participants shall travel to Stana (Sztána) railway station from Cluj (Kolozsvár) railway station by train, with one of the following trains:
- Interregional Călători R 15853, departs at 07:05, arrives at 07:51
- Transferoviar Călători IR 15031*, departs at 07:18, arrives at cca. 08:00
- CFR Călători R 3073, departs at 07:45, arrives at 08:39
* This train stops at Stana station upon special request. The organizers will make the necessary arrangements.
The possibilities for parking in the vicinity of the Szentimrei Villa are limited and the roads leading there are bad. Due to this, as well as to protect the environment, we kindly ask the participants not to travel by car to the Szentimrei Villa, if possible. We recommend to travel by train or park the cars in Stana (Sztána) village, from where you can reach Stana (Sztána) railway station (Gy10 START) or the Szentimrei Villa on foot in 30-40 minutes.
The Stana (Sztána) Reformed Church, in the center of Stana (Sztána) village, can be reached by car, on the route Cluj (Kolozsvár) – Izvoru Crișului (Körösfő) – Șaula (Sárvásár) – Jebucu (Zsobok) – Stana (Sztána). Travel on the E60 DN1 European Road from Cluj (Kolozsvár) until Șaula (Sárvásár), then turn right onto the DJ103N asphalt road for 5.7 km from Șaula (Sárvásár) to Jebucu (Zsobok). Towards the end of the village turn right on a macadam road and after 3.3 km you reach the center of Stana (Sztána) village. There you can safely and comfortably park your car for the duration of the tour.
Return to Kolozsvár (Cluj)
According to our calculations, Gy53/59 participants reaching the FINISH will be able to return to Cluj (Kolozsvár) by train, but if necessary, the organizers will ensure their transportation back by car.
We do not organize return transportation for the participants of the 11/17 km, 22/27 km and 16/25 km tours; these tours can be competed so as to return from Stana (Sztána) to Cluj (Kolozsvár) with one of the afternoon or evening trains:
- Interregional Călători R 15760, departs at 15:44, arrives at 16:40
- Interregional Călători R 15854, departs at 16:50, arrives at 17:40
- CFR Călători R 3630, departs at 17:13, arrives at 18:17
- Transferoviar Călători IR 15036, departs at 17:34, arrives at 18:17
- CFR Călători R 3078, departs at 18:22, arrives at 19:34
- Interregional Călători R 15856*, departs at cca. 20:45-kor, arrives at 21:30
* This train stops at Stana station upon special request, the organizers will make the necessary arrangements.
If someone cannot depart by train due to objective reasons, the organizers will do everything in their power to find a solution for their return transportation.
ABANDONING the tour
For Gy53/59 participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, we recommend the following places (accessible by car) to drop out: Kapulat saddle, Gârbău road (CP 3), Dumbrava (Gyerővásárhely) (CP 4), Leghia (Jegenye) road (DJ 108C), Nadășu (Kalotanádas) road (DC 135), Riseg hill (from here you can quickly descend to Izvoru Crișului (Körösfő)).
Participants of the Gy22/27, Gy19/24 and Gy11/17 tours who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, notify the organizers or the checkpoint stewards (if needed, any checkpoint can be reached by car).
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A medical practitioner and a medical assistant will accompany the tour by car.
The mountain rescue service (Salvamont) has been notified about the tours. However, the participants should be aware that on certain sections it can take some time for the help to arrive. Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities.
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location, where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
Accommodation in Stana (Sztána)
If you do not wish to return to Cluj (Kolozsvár) at the end of the tour, you can sleep at the Szentimrei villa (Riszeg guest-house). Advance booking is required. Accommodation for one night costs 30–40 RON, with warm shower available. Booking and detailed information: www.szentimrei.ro, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0745-850004, 0770-588389.
Photos and video recordings
During the tours, photos and video recordings will be made at the request of the organizers. The participants give permission to the organizers to use the photos and recordings in which they appear for the promotion of the tours and to post them on the tour website. The organizers agree to always credit the authors of photos-videos.
Comments and complaints
If you have any complaints about circumstances within the organizers’ sphere of responsibility, please request and fill out a complaint form at the finish stewards, or send your complaint via e-mail to the organizers. These complaints will be processed by the tour coordinator after the event and each complaint will be addressed personally.
Data processing information
The organizers process the data provided voluntarily by the participants by filling out the registration form, for the following purposes: evidence of the participants, communication with the participants before, during and after the tour, issuing of payment documents, documenting and acknowledging the participation at the tour, generating statistics about the participation at the tour, informing the participants of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. The organizers handle the processed data under secure conditions, in strict confidentiality and do not release them to third parties. By registering, the participants agree to the processing of the data they provided for the above purposes. The registered persons can request to have their data deleted from our evidence if they withdraw from the tour, respectively after the tour has been completed. The requests shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address of the event.