- We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start.
- The completion of the tour is only acknowledged if the participant has duly signed up and his/her time card has been stamped at all the checkpoints.
- Detailed description of the route can be found on the Tour Map, a printed version of which will be included in the tour package. It can also be downloaded in digital format.
- In exceptional cases (e.g. extreme weather conditions) the organizers reserve the right to change the tour course or to cancel the whole tour or certain stages of it.
- Each participant enters the tour at their own risk, no claims on any grounds can be made against the organizers.
- Each participant should choose the tour version based on their health status, fitness level and equipment.
- The tour passes through conservation areas, please try to leave these intact, so they remain as beautiful as they are today.
The endurance tour will be organized in compliance with the provisions for the prevention of the spread of novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19) infections. The organizers are entitled to ban from the event those people to refuse to comply with these rules. For the whole duration of the event, all involved must comply with the general provisions for the prevention of the spread of the new coronavirus. The organizers reserve the right to cancel the whole event or parts of it if the evolution of the pandemic makes it impossible to organize the event safely, or if new restrictions are imposed.
- Participation at the event is only allowed for participants who in the 14 days preceding the event have NOT been in contact with persons with suspected or confirmed COVID-infection and have NO symptoms of respiratory infection (such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties, etc.).
- For the protection of all participants, the organizers reserve the right to measure the body temperature of participants, and in justified cases, to prohibit their participation at the event.
- In crowded areas (start, checkpoints, finish) the wearing of face masks is compulsory and it is recommended to avoid touching.
- Compliance with the distancing rules prescribed by law is compulsory at the start, at the checkpoints, at the finish, during meals and during the tour It is important that during the tour, the participants do not form groups larger than six persons.
- For reasons of hygiene and infection prevention, at feeding stations the participants will NOT be allowed to reach into the storage boxes; the checkpoint staff will hand out the requested, packaged products.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the checkpoints for the safety of participants and staff; it is also recommended for the participants to carry their own hand sanitizers. It is also recommended to use your own pen to sign the declaration.
Underage participants at the event
- In case of underage (less than 18 years of age) participants, the parent/guardian of the participant has to sign a Statement regarding the participation of their child at the event, and must send it before the event (until July 28) via e-mail to the organizers (email@example.com). The statement form can be downloaded from here: [link].
- As the law expressly prohibits the use of public roads by riders less than 14 years of age, we cannot accept the entry of children under 14 for the K60/70 and K85/95 tour versions. See: Road Regulations, version of 2018 (Emergency Decree no. 195/2002, republished and updated in 2018, chapter V, section 3, art. 70, paragraph (2): “In order to ride the bicycle on public roads, the rider has to be at least 14 years of age.”).
- If a K60/70 or K85/95 tour participant wishes to bring along as companion a child under 14, on their own account (without the child registering for the tour), they are requested to notify the organizers.
- The adult escorting a participant under the age of 14 has to sign a Statement regarding the escorting of the child. The statement form filled out automatically with the data provided at registration has to be signed at the start. If you would like to read the statement in advance, you can download the form from here.
Passing through the checkpoints
- Each participant shall comply with the instructions of the checkpoint stewards and follow the officially marked route, without shortcuts.
- The opening hours of a checkpoint define the period when the checkpoint steward is on duty at the respective checkpoint.
- Each checkpoint has to be reached within the opening hours of the respective checkpoint.
- If you arrive too late, you may no longer find the checkpoint steward there and cannot have your time card stamped at that checkpoint. In this case the participant cannot continue the tour or can only proceed at their own risk.
- In case of minor delays you may want to try to contact the checkpoint steward of the next checkpoint.
ABANDONING the tour
For BICYCLE participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, we recommend the following places to drop out: Jósikafalva (Beliș), Havasrekettye (Răchițele), Székelyjó (Săcuieu).
In any case, the participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, MUST notify the organizers or the checkpoint stewards (if needed, any checkpoint can be reached by car).
Declaration of Liability
At the receipt of the tour package, each participant shall sign a declaration of liability in which they acknowledge and accept the tour regulations. Thereby the participant agrees to the processing by the organizers of the personal data provided by them, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants, communication with the participant before, during and after the event, issuing of payment documents, documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event, generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participant of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. They also acknowledge that they take part in the event at their own risk and in case of an accident occurring during the event they shall not hold the organizers responsible, and shall not seek damages for any reason. The declaration of liability, generated automatically from the data provided at registration, can be signed at the start, but if you would like to read and sign the statement in advance, and send it to the organisers before the event via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), you can download the form from here: [link].
Photos and video recordings
During the event, photos and video recordings will be made at the request of the organizers. The participants give permission to the organizers to use the photos and recordings in which they appear for the promotion of the tours and to post them on the tour website. The organizers agree to always credit the authors of photos-videos.
Comments and complaints
If you have any complaints about circumstances within the organizers’ sphere of responsibility, please request and fill out a complaint form at the finish stewards, or send your complaint via e-mail to the organizers. These complaints will be processed by the tour coordinator after the event and each complaint will be addressed personally.
Data processing information
The organizers process the data provided voluntarily by the participants by filling out the registration form, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants; determining the participation conditions for the participant; communication with the participants before, during and after the event; issuing of payment documents; documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event; generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participants of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. By registering, the participants, respectively their representatives agree to the processing of the data they provided for the above purposes.
The organizers manage the processed data in a strictly confidential and safe manner, they do not disclose them to anyone, with the exception of data provision to the competent authorities (police, gendarmerie, ambulance, mountain rescue) in emergency situations (e.g. accident, getting lost).
The registered persons, respectively their representatives can request to have their data deleted from the organizers’ records if they withdraw from the event, respectively after the event has ended. The requests shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address of the event.