Saturday, July13, 2019
08:00 – 09:00
Havasrekettye (Răchițele), Corana Bar (no. 455)
- We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start.
- The completion of the tour is only acknowledged if the participant has duly signed up and his/her time card has been stamped at all the checkpoints.
- The detailed description of the route can be found in the Tour Guide.
- In exceptional cases (e.g. extreme weather conditions) the organizers reserve the right to change the tour course or to cancel the whole tour or certain stages of it.
- Each participant enters the tour at their own risk, no claims on any grounds can be made against the organizers.
- The tour passes through conservation areas, please try to leave these intact, so they remain as beautiful as they are today.
Prestart – Start
The PRESTART is located in Havasrekettye (Răchițele) at the Corana Bar (no. 455), next to the road sign indicating the road towards the Răchițele Waterfall. The hiking participants will receive their tour packages here, abd then a bus will transport them to the road fork at the Susman/Stanciu Glade (START), where the hiking tour starts.
The participants traveling by other means than the transportation offered by the organizers will have to go to the PRESTART as well.
Underage participants at the event
- In case of underage (less than 18 years of age) participants, the parent/guardian of the participant has to sign a Statement regarding the participation of their child at the event, and must send it before the event (until July 11) via e-mail to the organizers (email@example.com). The statement form can be downloaded from here: [link].
- The adult escorting a participant under the age of 14 has to sign a Statement regarding the escorting of the child. The statement form filled out automatically with the data provided at registration can be signed at the start. If you would like to read and sign the statement in advance, and send it to the organisers before the event via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), you can download the form from here: [link].
What will be provided for the participants?
- The organizers provide each participant with a map, a time card, and a memorial neck tube. Those who complete the tour will be awarded a certificate and a badge.
- The participants will receive energizing snacks at the Vlădeasa Hut (apple, banana, biscuits, muesli bar, wafer bar, glucose, grape-sugar). Drinking water will be available at all checkpoints.
- At the FINISH in Kalotaszentkirály-Zentelke (Sâncraiu), starting from 15:00, all participants are invited to a bowl of warm meal.
- Out of consideration for the environment, single-use cups will not be available at the checkpoints; please bring your own bottle/cup.
Passing through the checkpoints
- The opening hours of a checkpoint define the period when the checkpoint steward is on duty at the respective checkpoint.
- Each checkpoint has to be reached within the opening hours of the respective checkpoint.
- If you arrive too late, you may no longer find the checkpoint steward there and cannot have your time card stamped at that checkpoint.
- In case of minor delays you may want to try to contact the checkpoint steward of the next checkpoint.
Transportation by minibuses or buses will be provided to the START in Havasrekettye (Răchițele), from Székelyjó (Săcuieu) to Kalotaszentkirály (Sâncraiu) – for Hiking 22 participants –, as well as from Kalotaszentkirály (Sâncraiu) to Kolozsvár (Cluj).
Departure from Kolozsvár (Cluj) on July 13 at 06:30 AM, from the bus stop at Mihai Viteazul Square 9A. Return transportation from Kalotaszentkirály (Sâncraiu) will depart at 21:00 from the community centre.
Attention! Participants can also take the bus to the START from the following locations:
- In Bánffyhunyad (Huedin), at the square behind the reformed church, at 07:15
- In the Market Square in Kalotaszentkirály-Zentelke (Sâncraiu) at 07:30
Participants choosing these options shall check the box for transportation from Kolozsvár (Cluj) to Havasrekettye (Răchițele) and enter in the Comments the place where they wish to board the bus.
ABANDONING the tour
For HIKING participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, we recommend the following places (easily accessible by car) to drop out: Székelyjó (Săcuieu), Adrenalin Park, Tordatúr (Tureni), Szind (Sănduleşti), Kőhegy tava (Horaiței Lake).
In any case, the participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, MUST notify the organizers or the checkpoint stewards (if needed, any checkpoint can be reached by car).
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A medical practitioner will be on call for the whole duration of the tours.
The mountain rescue service (Salvamont) has been notified about the tours.
However, the participants should be aware that on certain sections it can take some time for the help to arrive. Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities. Therefore we ask all participants to bring with them a small first-aid kit, with the following recommended content: band aid, disinfectant (hydrogen-peroxide, Rivanol solution, Betadine), Magnesium tablets, Claritine tablets (for be or wasp stings), bandage material.
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location in Kalotaszentkirály-Zentelke (Sâncraiu), where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
Photos and video recordings
During the event, photos and video recordings will be made at the request of the organizers. The participants give permission to the organizers to use the photos and recordings in which they appear for the promotion of the tours and to post them on the tour website. The organizers agree to always credit the authors of photos-videos.
Comments and complaints
If you have any complaints about circumstances within the organizers’ sphere of responsibility, please request and fill out a complaint form at the finish stewards, or send your complaint via e-mail to the organizers. These complaints will be processed by the main organizer of the tours after the event and each complaint will be addressed personally.
Data processing information
The organizers process the data provided voluntarily by the participants by filling out the registration form, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants; determining the participation conditions for the participant; communication with the participants before, during and after the event; issuing of payment documents; documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event; generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participants of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. By registering, the participants, respectively their representatives agree to the processing of the data they provided for the above purposes.
The organizers manage the processed data in a strictly confidential and safe manner, they do not disclose them to anyone, with the exception of data provision to the competent authorities (police, gendarmerie, ambulance, mountain rescue) in emergency situations (e.g. accident, getting lost).
The registered persons, respectively their representatives can request to have their data deleted from the organizers’ records if they withdraw from the event, respectively after the event has ended. The requests shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address of the event.