6:30 - 7:00
Cluj (Kolozsvár), Rooster Church
(Moților street 84)
8:30 - 9:30
Stana (Sztána), railway station
8:45 - 10:00
Stana (Sztána), Reformed Church
8:30 - 9:30
Stana (Sztána), railway station
Travel to the START location (Gy22/27, Gy19/24, Gy11/17)
The organizers DO NOT provide transportation for the participants to the START locations.
START Gy22/27 and Gy11/17
Participants shall travel to Stana (Sztána) railway station from Cluj (Kolozsvár) railway station by train, with one of the following trains:
- Interregional Călători R 15851, departs at 07:01, arrives at 07:50
- Transferoviar Călători R-E 15031*, departs at 07:15, arrives at 08:11
- CFR Călători R 3073, departs at 07:45, arrives at 08:39
* These trains stop at Stana station upon special request. The organizers will make the necessary arrangements.
The possibilities for parking in the vicinity of the Szentimrei Villa are limited and the roads leading there are bad. Due to this, as well as to protect the environment, we kindly ask the participants not to travel by car to the Szentimrei Villa, if possible. We recommend to travel by train or park the cars in Stana (Sztána) village, from where you can reach Stana (Sztána) railway station (Gy11/17 START) or the Szentimrei Villa on foot in 30-40 minutes.
The Stana (Sztána) Reformed Church, in the center of Stana (Sztána) village, can be reached by car, on the route Cluj (Kolozsvár) – Izvoru Crișului (Körösfő) – Șaula (Sárvásár) – Jebucu (Zsobok) – Stana (Sztána). Travel on the E60 DN1 European Road from Cluj (Kolozsvár) until Șaula (Sárvásár), then turn right onto the DJ103N asphalt road for 5.7 km from Șaula (Sárvásár) to Jebucu (Zsobok). Towards the end of the village turn right on a recently paved road and after 3.3 km you reach the center of Stana (Sztána) village. There you can safely and comfortably park your car for the duration of the tour.
Return to Kolozsvár (Cluj)
According to our calculations, Gy52/58 participants reaching the FINISH will be able to return to Cluj (Kolozsvár) by train, but if necessary, the organizers will ensure their transportation back by car.
We do not organize return transportation for the participants of the Gy11/17, Gy19/24 and Gy22/27 tours; these tours can be competed so as to return from Stana (Sztána) to Cluj (Kolozsvár) with one of the afternoon or evening trains:
- CFR Călători R 3630, departs at 16:46, arrives at 17:42
- Interregional Călători R 15856, departs at 17:07, arrives at 17:58
- Transferoviar Călători R-E 15036, departs at 17:47, arrives at 18:35
- CFR Călători R 3078, departs at 18:29, arrives at 19:42
- Interregional Călători R 15858*, departs at 20:55, arrives at 21:40
* These trains stop at Stana station upon special request, the organizers will make the necessary arrangements.
If someone cannot depart by train due to objective reasons, the organizers will do everything in their power to find a solution for their return transportation.
Limited number of participants
This year, the number of participants is limited because of sanitary measures and the capacity of certain locations. Accordingly, we allow a maximum of 400 accepted participants. If you register, but do not pay your participation costs, you may be left outside of the 400-person limit and we will have to cancel your registration. Therefore we ask you to pay your participation costs as soon as possible after registration in order to secure your participation. If the limit is reached earlier, registration will be closed before the registration deadline.
What will be provided for the participants?
- The organizers provide each participant with a time card, a tour map and at request a memorial t-shirt; those who complete the tour will receive a certificate and a badge.
- The Gy52/58 participants will receive energizing food (apple, banana, biscuits, muesli bar, wafer bar, grape-sugar) at CP 3, 4 and 7 (Gârbău Road, Dumbrava/Gyerővásárhely, Jebucu/Zsobok); water will be available at all checkpoints.
- At the end of the tour, at the Szentimrei Villa, the Szentimrei Foundation will invite all participants to a bowl of warm meal (cornmeal porridge with sour cream, cheese and cracklings) (after 2.00 PM).
- New! From now on, out of consideration for the environment, single-use cups will not be available at the checkpoints; please bring your own bottle/cup.
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location, where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
Accommodation in Stana (Sztána)
If you do not wish to return to Cluj (Kolozsvár) at the end of the tour, you can sleep at the Szentimrei villa (Riszeg guest-house). Advance booking is required. Accommodation for one night costs 30–40 RON, with warm shower available. Booking and detailed information: www.szentimrei.ro, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0374-959244, 0745-850004, 0770-588389.
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A medical practitioner and a medical assistant will accompany the tour by car.
The mountain rescue service (Salvamont) has been notified about the tours. However, the participants should be aware that on certain sections it can take some time for the help to arrive. Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities. For this reason, we ask all participants to bring with them a small first-aid kit, with the following recommended content: band aid, disinfectant (hydrogen-peroxide, Rivanol solution, Betadine), Magnesium tablets, bandage material.