7:00 - 7:30
Cluj (Kolozsvár), Rooster Church
(Moților street 84)
09:30 - 10:30
11:00 - 12:00
Stana (Sztána), Reformed Church
10:30 - 11:30
Dumbrava (Gyerővásárhely), Reformed Church parsonage
Transportation to the START locations (K28/36, K33-Alszeg, K16/25): the transportation vehicles will depart at 9:00 AM from the parking lot of the Supeco (former Billa) store in Mănăștur (Calea Florești no. 56). Meeting at 8:45.
Transportation to the START locations (K28/36, K33-Alszeg, K16/25) and for the return to Kolozsvár (Cluj), is offered by the organizers with microbuses or buses and vehicles for bicycle transportation. The transportation cost is not included in the entry fee, it has to be paid separately.
Transportation to the START locations (K28/36, K33-Alszeg, K16/25): the transportation vehicles will depart at 9:00 AM from the parking lot of the Supeco (former Billa) store in Mănăștur (Calea Florești no. 56). We kindly ask the participants to be there 15 minutes before departure for registration and loading the bicycles.
* K33-Alszeg participants can also travel from Cluj (Kolozsvár) to Stana (Sztána) with the morning trains, at their own expense.
- Interregional Călători R 15851, departs at 07:01, arrives at 07:50
- Transferoviar Călători R-E 15031*, departs at 07:15, arrives at 08:11
- CFR Călători R 3073, departs at 07:45, arrives at 08:39
Return to Cluj (Kolozsvár): After arriving to the FINISH and resting, at 6.00 PM the participants will depart together (on bikes) towards Stana (Sztána) village. They travel about 3 km on dirt roads until the village centre, where the transportation vehicles will be waiting. Participants will be transported from here to the Vivo! (former Polus Center) parking.
Participants can also return individually from Stana (Sztána) to Cluj (Kolozsvár), by train, from Stana train station, with one of the following trains:
- CFR Călători R 3630, departs at 16:46, arrives at 17:42
- Interregional Călători R 15856, departs at 17:07, arrives at 17:58
- Transferoviar Călători R-E 15036, departs at 17:47, arrives at 18:35
- CFR Călători R 3078, departs at 18:29, arrives at 19:42
- Interregional Călători R 15858*, departs at 20:55, arrives at 21:40
* These trains stop at Stana station upon special request, the organizers will make the necessary arrangements.
The possibilities for parking in the vicinity of the Szentimrei Villa are limited (max. 10-15 cars can park opposite the villa gates) and the roads leading there are bad. Due to this, as well as to protect the environment, we kindly ask the participants to choose the transportation provided by the organizers or train*.
*Transportation can be requested through the registration form.
*The number of bicycles allowed on any given train are limited. The organizers do not guarantee that you will be able to get on a specific train with your bike. If you want to travel by train, please inquire at the railway companies about the transportation of bicycles.
Information regarding the transportation of bicycles
The bicycles will be transported with trucks.
About 25–50 bikes can be transported on a truck, in standing position, secured to each other. This transportation method has already been used successfully at our latest endurance bicycle tours. The bikes are loaded in such a way as to avoid any damages or scratches during transportation. We will pay as much attention to this as possible, but we cannot guarantee this 100%. Those who are very sensitive about possible damages to their bike should bring to the start a light blanket or something similar. Place it in a bag with their name on it. The organizers will transport there to the FINISH and the bike can be covered with the blanket to protect it from any damages due to touching the bikes standing next to it. Adhesive paper covering tape will be available at the finish office to be used for the protection of possible contact points on the bike frames.
Limited number of participants
This year, the number of participants is limited because of sanitary measures and the capacity of certain locations. Accordingly, we allow a maximum of 400 accepted participants. If you register, but do not pay your participation costs, you may be left outside of the 400-person limit and we will have to cancel your registration. Therefore we ask you to pay your participation costs as soon as possible after registration in order to secure your participation. If the limit is reached earlier, registration will be closed before the registration deadline.
What will be provided for the participants?
- The organizers provide each participant with a bib, a time card, a tour map and at request a memorial t-shirt; those who complete the tour will receive a certificate and a badge.
- K53/62, K28/36 és K16/25 participants will receive energizing food (apple, banana, biscuits, muesli bar, wafer bar, grape-sugar) at CP 3, 4 and 7 (Gârbău Road, Dumbrava/Gyerővásárhely, Jebucu/Zsobok). Water will be available at all checkpoints.
- At the end of the tour, at the Szentimrei Villa, the Szentimrei Foundation will invite all participants to a bowl of warm meal (cornmeal porridge with sour cream, cheese and cracklings) (after 2.00 PM).
- New! From now on, out of consideration for the environment, single-use cups will not be available at the checkpoints; please bring your own bottle/cup.
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location, where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
Accommodation in Stana (Sztána)
If you do not wish to return to Cluj (Kolozsvár) at the end of the tour, you can sleep at the Szentimrei villa (Riszeg guest-house). Advance booking is required. Accommodation for one night costs 30–40 RON, with warm shower available. Booking and detailed information: www.szentimrei.ro, email@example.com, 0374-959244, 0745-850004, 0770-588389.
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A medical practitioner and a medical assistant will accompany the tour by car.
The mountain rescue service (Salvamont) has been notified about the tours. However, the participants should be aware that on certain sections it can take some time for the help to arrive. Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities. For this reason, we ask all participants to bring with them a small first-aid kit, with the following recommended content: band aid, disinfectant (hydrogen-peroxide, Rivanol solution, Betadine), Magnesium tablets, bandage material.