Saturday, May 11
Kolozsvár (Cluj), Camping Făget
Start kits will be handed out at the start location, between 07:00 – 07:30. The 2nd and 3rd legs of relay teams will receive their start kits at the exchange locations.
Transportation to the START locations – Camping Făget (individual and relay 1st leg), Szind/Săndulești (relay 2nd leg), respectively Várfalva/Moldovenești (relay 3rd leg), from Szind/Săndulești (relay 1st leg) and from Várfalva/Moldovenești (relay 2nd leg) to Torockó/Rimeteaand for the return trip from Torockó/Rimetea to Kolozsvár/Cluj, Várfalva/Moldovenești or Szind/Săndulești is provided by organizers with minibuses or buses.
Planned departure places and times:
|Kolozsvár (Cluj) - Camping Făget||Bus stop, Mihai Viteazul (former Széchenyi) Square 9A.||6:00||06:45|
|Kolozsvár (Cluj) - Szind (Săndulești)||Bus stop, Mihai Viteazul (former Széchenyi) Square 9A.||08:00|
|Kolozsvár (Cluj) - Várfalva (Moldovenești)||Bus stop, Mihai Viteazul (former Széchenyi) Square 9A.||08:00|
|Szind (Săndulești) - Torockó (Rimetea)||Szind (Sănduleşti), Unitarian parsonage||12:00|
|Várfalva (Moldovenești) – Torockó (Rimetea)||Várfalva (Moldovenești), Mayor’s Office||16:00||17:00|
|Torockó (Rimetea) - Várfalva (Moldovenești)||Torockó (Rimetea), Market Square||18:30||21:30|
|Torockó (Rimetea) - Szind (Săndulești)||Torockó (Rimetea), Market Square||18:30||21:30|
|Torockó (Rimetea) - Kolozsvár (Cluj)||Torockó (Rimetea), Market Square||18:30||21:30|
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location, where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
What will be provided for the participants?
- Start kit contents: bib, map, SI card if needed, tour guide and memorial T-shirt if requested.
- Prizes: the participants in places 1–3 in each individual category, as well as the teams in places 1-3 in the relay competition will be rewarded with medals and diplomas. All other participants will receive (smaller) medals and participation diplomas. The first three competitors in the overall race for men, respectively women will receive trophies as well. If any race category has less than 3 participants, the category will be merged with the previous one (lower age group).
- In certain checkpoints (CP 4, Szind/Săndulești and CP 8, Várfalva/Moldovenești) the participants will have access to energizing food (olives, fruits, energy drink). The racers can also take nourishments set out for participants of the hiking/bicycle tours. Drinking water will be available at all checkpoints.
- At the FINISH in Torockó/Rimetea, starting from 14:00, all participants are invited to a bowl of warm meal.
- NEW! Also in Torockó/Rimetea, between 15:00–20:00, various kids’ activities will be organized for the little ones (and the grown-ups, too).
- Out of consideration for the environment, single-use cups will not be available at the checkpoints; please bring your own bottle/cup.
Accommodation in Kolozsvár (Cluj)
FREE accommodation can be provided to the tour participants on mattresses, in the sports hall of the Báthory István High-school for the evening of Friday, May 10. Shower is also available. As the number of mattresses is limited, it is recommended to bring your own mat and by all means, a sleeping bag Pre-registration through the registration form is required.
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A medical practitioner and a medical assistant will accompany the tour by car.
The mountain rescue service (Salvamont) has been notified about the race. However, the participants should be aware that on certain sections it can take some time for the help to arrive. Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities.