- We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start. If you are running late, please contact the organizers by phone.
- The completion of the tour is only acknowledged if the participant has duly signed up and his/her time card has been stamped at all the checkpoints.
- The detailed description of the route can be found in the Tour Guide.
- In exceptional cases (e.g. extreme weather conditions) the organizers reserve the right to change the tour course or to cancel the whole tour or certain stages of it.
- Each participant enters the event at their own risk, no claims on any grounds can be made against the organizers.
- The tour passes through conservation areas, please try to leave these intact, so they remain as beautiful as they are today.
The endurance tour will be organized in compliance with the provisions for the prevention of the spread of novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19) infections. The organizers are entitled to ban from the event those people to refuse to comply with these rules. For the whole duration of the event, all involved must comply with the general provisions for the prevention of the spread of the new coronavirus. The organizers reserve the right to cancel the whole event or parts of it if the evolution of the pandemic makes it impossible to organize the event safely, or if new restrictions are imposed.
- Participation at the event is only allowed for participants who in the 14 days preceding the event have NOT been in contact with persons with suspected or confirmed COVID-infection and have NO symptoms of respiratory infection (such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties, etc.).
- For the protection of all participants, the organizers reserve the right to measure the body temperature of participants, and in justified cases, to prohibit their participation at the event.
- In crowded areas (start, checkpoints, finish) the wearing of face masks is compulsory and it is recommended to avoid touching.
- Compliance with the distancing rules prescribed by law is compulsory at the start, at the checkpoints, at the finish, during meals and during the tour
- For reasons of hygiene and infection prevention, at feeding stations the participants will NOT be allowed to reach into the storage boxes; the checkpoint staff will hand out the requested, packaged products.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the checkpoints for the safety of participants and staff; it is also recommended for the participants to carry their own hand sanitizers. It is also recommended to use your own pen to sign the declaration.
Declaration of Liability
At the receipt of the tour package, each participant shall sign a declaration of liability in which they acknowledge and accept the tour regulations. Thereby the participant agrees to the processing by the organizers of the personal data provided by them, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants, communication with the participant before, during and after the event, issuing of payment documents, documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event, generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participant of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. They also acknowledge that they take part in the event at their own risk and in case of an accident occurring during the event they shall not hold the organizers responsible, and shall not seek damages for any reason. Finally, they acknowledge that in the 14 days preceding the event they have NOT been in contact with persons with suspected or confirmed COVID-infection and have NO symptoms of respiratory infection (such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties, etc.). The declaration of liability, generated automatically from the data provided at registration, shall be signed at the start, but if you would like to read the statement in advance, you can download the form from here: [link].
Underage participants at the tour
- In case of underage (less than 18 years of age) participants, the parent/guardian of the participant has to sign a Statement regarding the participation of their child at the event, and must send it before the event (until June 30) via e-mail to the organizers (email@example.com). The statement form can be downloaded from here: [link].
- ATTENTION! Participants aged 14-18 and their bicycles will be transported from Kalotaszentkirály (Sâncraiu) to Körösfő (Izvoru Crișului) with vehicles provided by the organizers, as travel by bicycle on this section of the E60 international road is dangerous. This transportation is free of charge. If somebody refuses this transportation, they will have to do it in a written statement.
- As the law expressly prohibits the use of public roads by riders less than 14 years of age, we cannot accept the entry of children under 14 for the Vasvári bicycle tour. See: Road Regulations, version of 2018 (Emergency Decree no. 195/2002, republished and updated in 2018, chapter V, section 3, art. 70, paragraph (2): “In order to ride the bicycle on public roads, the rider has to be at least 14 years of age.”).
- If a tour participant wishes to bring along as companion a child under 14, on their own account (without the child registering for the tour), they are requested to notify the organizers.
Passing through the checkpoints
- The opening hours of a checkpoint define the period when the checkpoint steward is on duty at the respective checkpoint.
- Each checkpoint has to be reached within the opening hours of the respective checkpoint.
- If you arrive too late, you may no longer find the checkpoint steward there and cannot have your time card stamped at that checkpoint.
- In case of minor delays you should contact the checkpoint steward of the next checkpoint.
- In any case, the participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, MUST notify the organizers or the checkpoint stewards.
Photos and video recordings
During the event, photos and video recordings will be made at the request of the organizers. The participants give permission to the organizers to use the photos and recordings in which they appear for the promotion of the tours and to post them on the tour website. The organizers agree to always credit the authors of photos-videos.
Comments and complaints
If you have any complaints about circumstances within the organizers’ sphere of responsibility, please request and fill out a complaint form at the finish stewards, or send your complaint via e-mail to the organizers. These complaints will be processed by the main organizer of the tours after the event and each complaint will be addressed personally.
Data processing information
The organizers process the data provided voluntarily by the participants by filling out the registration form, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants; determining the participation conditions for the participant; communication with the participants before, during and after the event; issuing of payment documents; documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event; generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participants of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. By registering, the participants, respectively their representatives agree to the processing of the data they provided for the above purposes.
The organizers manage the processed data in a strictly confidential and safe manner, they do not disclose them to anyone, with the exception of data provision to the competent authorities (police, gendarmerie, ambulance, mountain rescue) in emergency situations (e.g. accident, getting lost).
The registered persons, respectively their representatives can request to have their data deleted from the organizers’ records if they withdraw from the event, respectively after the event has ended. The requests shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address of the event.