- We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start. If you are running late, please contact the organizers by phone.
- The completion of the tour is only acknowledged if the participant has duly signed up and his/her time card has been stamped at all the checkpoints.
- The detailed description of the route can be found in the Tour Guide.
- In exceptional cases (e.g. extreme weather conditions) the organizers reserve the right to change the tour course or to cancel the whole tour or certain stages of it.
- Each participant enters the event at their own risk, no claims on any grounds can be made against the organizers.
- The tour passes through conservation areas, please try to leave these intact, so they remain as beautiful as they are today.
The participants starting on bike from Kolozsvár (Cluj-Napoca) are asked to visit the check-in desk set up in front of the Radio România Cluj building, at Donath street no. 160, on June 29, between 7:00–7:30 AM.
A quick check-in will take place here, the participants receive a card with their entry number and check-in time (which will be registered on a list, as well).
The participants who have checked in at the pre-start will be acknowledged to have taken part at the 100 km version of the Vasvári tour. The participant will hand over the check-in card at the START office in Gyalu (Gilău), and will receive in exchange the tour package and the Prestart sticker will be applied on the participant’s time card.
For added safety, the organizers recommend that participants travel in smaller groups, and after entering the E60 international road in Szászfenes (Florești), to proceed at average speed (20–25 km/h), wearing appropriate reflective equipment.
In Gyalu (Gilău), on road number 107P leading to Fântânele and Hidegszamos (Someșul Rece), right after going off the E60 main road, in the small square in front of the convenience store and the bar next to it, between 7:30–8:30 AM.
The participants checking in directly in Gyalu will take part in the 85 km version of the Vasvári tour.
We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start. If you happen to be late, please contact the organizers by phone on 0771 535 848.
As the event is regarded first and foremost as a memorial tour honouring Pál Vasvári and only secondly as an endurance tour (due to the considerable length and elevation gain), two commemorations will take place in the course of the tour, at preset times, which the riders will attend together with the organizers and guests of the Vasvári Memorial Days from Körösfő (Izvoru Crișului). Therefore, the opening hours of certain checkpoints and the dinner time have been set according to these commemorations, also taking into consideration the possibilities of the local organizers.
|07:00 – 07:30||Vasvári 100 km Pre-start (Kolozsvár (Cluj), Donath St. 160, Radio România Cluj building)|
|07:30 – 8:30||START of Vasvári 100 km and Vasvári 85 km (Gyalu (Gilău), byroad towards Fântânele and Someșul Rece)|
|08:30 – 10:30||Arrival to CP 1 (Havasnagyfalu (Mărișel) road fork)|
|10:00 – 13:30||Arrival to CP 2 (Fântânele hill)|
|11:30 – 13:30||Lunch on Fântânele hill (large sandwiches)|
|13:30 – 13:45||Start in groups towards the memorial site at Lake Beliș-Fântânele (CP 3) for those who wish to take part at the commemoration. Those who do not wish to attend, may start earlier towards the next CP (between 12:45 – 13:30)|
|13:00 – 14:30||Arrival to CP 3 (shore of Lake Beliș-Fântânele, Vasvári Memorial Site), commemoration at the lakeside (starts at 14:00)|
|13:30 – 16:00||Arrival to Kalotaszentkirály-Zentelke (Sâncraiu) (CP 4)
Note: DO NOT arrive to CP 5 before 15:00 (travel time from Kalotaszentkirály (Sâncraiu) to Bánffyhunyad (Huedin): 15-30 minutes)!
|15:00 – 17:00||Arrival to CP 5 (Bánffyhunyad (Huedin), Kudor house)|
|15:30 – 17:30||Arrival to the FINISH (Körösfő (Izvoru Crișului), Körös Inn, Main Road (Hóstát St.) 311)|
|17:00 – 17:10||Loading of the bikes on the transportation vehicles, getting on the buses (in the parking lot of Körös Inn)|
|17:30||Start towards Kolozsvár (Cluj)|
|17:45 – 17:50||Gathering, preparation, procession to the memorial site – together|
|18:00 – 19:00||Commemoration at the memorial pole|
|19:00 – 20:15||Dinner for the Bicycle Tour participants at the Bartók Béla Community Centre|
|20:15 – 20:20||Gathering, preparation for the return trip|
|20:20 – 20:30||Loading of the bikes on the transportation vehicles, getting on the buses (at the Bartók Béla Community Centre)|
|20:30||Start towards Kolozsvár (Cluj)|
|21:15||Arrival to the Vivo! (former Polus Center) parking lot|
Underage participants at the tour
- In case of underage (less than 18 years of age) participants, the parent/guardian of the participant has to sign a Statement regarding the participation of their child at the event, and must send it before the event (until June 27) via e-mail to the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org). The statement form can be downloaded from here.
- ATTENTION! Participants aged 14-18 and their bicycles will be transported from Bánffyhunyad (Huedin) to Körösfő (Izvoru Crișului) with vehicles provided by the organizers, as travel by bicycle on this section of the E60 international road is dangerous. No exceptions are allowed from this. This transportation is free of charge.
- As the law expressly prohibits the use of public roads by riders less than 14 years of age, we cannot accept the entry of children under 14 for the Jókai bicycle tour. See: Road Regulations, version of 2018 (Emergency Decree no. 195/2002, republished and updated in 2018, chapter V, section 3, art. 70, paragraph (2): “In order to ride the bicycle on public roads, the rider has to be at least 14 years of age.”).
- If a tour participant wishes to bring along as companion a child under 14, on their own account (without the child registering for the tour), they are requested to notify the organizers.
What will be provided for the participants?
The organizers provide each participant with a map, a time card and, upon request, tour guide and memorial T-shirt. Those who complete the tour will be awarded a certificate and a badge.
- At checkpoint 1 (Havasnagyfalu (Mărișel) road fork) the participants will be provided with energizing food (apple, banana, biscuits, muesli bar, wafer bar, glucose, grape-sugar).
- On the Fântânele hill (CP 2) they will receive sandwiches (11:30 – 13:30).
- In Kalotaszentkirály (Sâncraiu), the riders will be offered kürtőskalács (spit cake).
- In Bánffyhunyad (Huedin) at the Kudor house they can taste freshly baked doughnuts.
- In Körösfő (Izvoru Crișului) after the commemoration, all participants are invited to dinner in the local Bartók Béla Community Centre (19:00 – 20:15).
- Drinking water will be available at all checkpoints.
- From now on, out of consideration for the environment, single-use cups will not be available at the checkpoints; please bring your own bottle/cup.
At the start and at each checkpoint the detailed map and profile of the next leg of the course will be available.
Passing through the checkpoints
- The opening hours of a checkpoint define the period when the checkpoint steward is on duty at the respective checkpoint.
- Each checkpoint has to be reached within the opening hours of the respective checkpoint.
- If you arrive too late, you may no longer find the checkpoint steward there and cannot have your time card stamped at that checkpoint.
- In case of minor delays you should contact the checkpoint steward of the next checkpoint.
- In any case, the participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, MUST notify the organizers or the checkpoint stewards.
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A first aid team will accompany the tour by car.
Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities.
For this reason, we ask all participants to bring with them a small first-aid kit, with the following recommended content: band aid, disinfectant (hydrogen-peroxide, Rivanol solution, Betadine), Magnesium tablets, bandage material.
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location, where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
Information regarding the transportation of bicycles back to Kolozsvár
The bicycles will be transported with trucks.
About 25–50 bikes can be transported on a truck, in standing position, secured to each other. This transportation method has already been used successfully at our latest endurance bicycle tours. The bikes are loaded in such a way as to avoid any damages or scratches during transportation. We will pay as much attention to this as possible, but we cannot guarantee this 100%. Those who are very sensitive about possible damages to their bike should bring to the start a light blanket or something similar. Place it in a bag with their name on it. The organizers will transport there to the FINISH and the bike can be covered with the blanket to protect it from any damages due to touching the bikes standing next to it. Adhesive paper covering tape will be available at the finish office to be used for the protection of possible contact points on the bike frames.
Photos and video recordings
During the event, photos and video recordings will be made at the request of the organizers. The participants give permission to the organizers to use the photos and recordings in which they appear for the promotion of the tours and to post them on the tour website. The organizers agree to always credit the authors of photos-videos.
Comments and complaints
If you have any complaints about circumstances within the organizers’ sphere of responsibility, please request and fill out a complaint form at the finish stewards, or send your complaint via e-mail to the organizers. These complaints will be processed by the main organizer of the tours after the event and each complaint will be addressed personally.
Data processing information
The organizers process the data provided voluntarily by the participants by filling out the registration form, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants; determining the participation conditions for the participant; communication with the participants before, during and after the event; issuing of payment documents; documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event; generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participants of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. By registering, the participants, respectively their representatives agree to the processing of the data they provided for the above purposes.
The organizers manage the processed data in a strictly confidential and safe manner, they do not disclose them to anyone, with the exception of data provision to the competent authorities (police, gendarmerie, ambulance, mountain rescue) in emergency situations (e.g. accident, getting lost).
The registered persons, respectively their representatives can request to have their data deleted from the organizers’ records if they withdraw from the event, respectively after the event has ended. The requests shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address of the event.