- We kindly ask the participants NOT to be late at the start. If you are running late, please contact the start office by phone. In exceptional cases we may authorize a late start up until 08:00, but not later!
- The completion of the tour is only acknowledged if the participant has duly signed up and his/her time card has been stamped at all the checkpoints.
- The detailed description of the route can be found in the Tour Guide.
- In exceptional cases (e.g. extreme weather conditions) the organizers reserve the right to change the tour course or to cancel the whole tour or certain stages of it.
- Each participant enters the tour at their own risk, no claims on any grounds can be made against the organizers.
- The tour passes through conservation areas, please try to leave these intact, so they remain as beautiful as they are today.
Underage participants at the tour
- In case of underage (less than 18 years of age) participants, the parent/guardian of the participant has to sign a statement regarding the participation of their child at the event, and must send it before the event (until May 9) via e-mail to the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org). The statement form can be downloaded from here.
- As the law expressly prohibits the use of public roads by riders less than 14 years of age, we cannot accept the entry of children under 14 for the Jókai bicycle tour. See: Road Regulations, version of 2018 (Emergency Decree no. 195/2002, republished and updated in 2018, chapter V, section 3, art. 70, paragraph (2): “In order to ride the bicycle on public roads, the rider has to be at least 14 years of age.”).
- If a tour participant wishes to bring along as companion a child under 14, on their own account (without the child registering for the tour), they are requested to notify the organizers.
Passing through the checkpoints
- The opening hours of a checkpoint define the period when the checkpoint steward is on duty at the respective checkpoint.
- Each checkpoint has to be reached within the opening hours of the respective checkpoint.
- If you arrive too late, you may no longer find the checkpoint steward there and cannot have your time card stamped at that checkpoint.
- In case of minor delays you may want to try to contact the checkpoint steward of the next checkpoint.
ABANDONING the tour
For BICYCLE participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, we recommend the following places (easily accessible by car) to drop out: Camping Făget, Adrenalin Park, Tordatúr (Tureni), Szind (Sănduleşti), Várfalva (Moldoveneşti).
In any case, the participants who for some reason cannot or do not want to continue the tour, MUST notify the organizers or the checkpoint stewards (if needed, any checkpoint can be reached by car).
Photos and video recordings
During the event, photos and video recordings will be made at the request of the organizers. The participants give permission to the organizers to use the photos and recordings in which they appear for the promotion of the tours and to post them on the tour website. The organizers agree to always credit the authors of photos-videos.
Comments and complaints
If you have any complaints about circumstances within the organizers’ sphere of responsibility, please request and fill out a complaint form at the finish stewards in Torockó(Rimetea) or Várfalva (Moldovenești), or send your complaint via e-mail to the organizers. These complaints will be processed by the main organizer of the tours after the event and each complaint will be addressed personally.
Data processing information
The organizers process the data provided voluntarily by the participants by filling out the registration form, for the following purposes: keeping a record of the participants; determining the participation conditions for the participant; communication with the participants before, during and after the event; issuing of payment documents; documenting and acknowledging the participation at the event; generating statistics about the participation at the event, informing the participants of other events organized by the EKE – Kolozsvár 1891. By registering, the participants, respectively their representatives agree to the processing of the data they provided for the above purposes.
The organizers manage the processed data in a strictly confidential and safe manner, they do not disclose them to anyone, with the exception of data provision to the competent authorities (police, gendarmerie, ambulance, mountain rescue) in emergency situations (e.g. accident, getting lost).
The registered persons, respectively their representatives can request to have their data deleted from the organizers’ records if they withdraw from the event, respectively after the event has ended. The requests shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address of the event.