7:00 – 7:30
Kolozsvár (Cluj), Báthory István High-school: Mihail Kogălniceanu (former Farkas) St. 2.
Return to Kolozsvár (Cluj)
For the return from Torockó (Rimetea) to Kolozsvár (Cluj), the organizers provide microbuses or buses and trucks for the bicycles. Departures are scheduled for 18:30 and 21:30 from the Market Square.
Information regarding the transportation of bicycles back to Kolozsvár
The bicycles will be transported with trucks.
About 25–50 bikes can be transported on a truck, in standing position, secured to each other. This transportation method has already been used successfully at our latest endurance bicycle tours. The bikes are loaded in such a way as to avoid any damages or scratches during transportation. We will pay as much attention to this as possible, but we cannot guarantee this 100%. Those who are very sensitive about possible damages to their bike should bring to the start a light blanket or something similar. Place it in a bag with their name on it. The organizers will transport there to the FINISH and the bike can be covered with the blanket to protect it from any damages due to touching the bikes standing next to it. Adhesive paper covering tape will be available at the finish office to be used for the protection of possible contact points on the bike frames.
If requested, the organizers can transfer the luggage of the participants (1 package per participant), free of charge, from the start location to the finish location, where they can be collected from the finish office. Luggage handed in for transfer must bear a ticket with the name and phone number of the participant. The organizers do not assume any responsibility for any valuables placed in the luggage.
What will be provided for the participants?
- The organizers provide each participant with a map, a time card and, upon request, tour guide and memorial T-shirt. Those who complete the tour will be awarded a certificate and a badge.
- The participants will receive energizing food (CP 3, Adrenalin Park – apple, banana, biscuits, muesli bar, wafer bar, glucose, grape-sugar), as well as sandwiches (bread and dripping, zacusca, jam – CP 6, Szind/Săndulești and CP 9, Várfalva/Moldovenești). Drinking water will be available at all checkpoints.
- At the FINISH in Torockó/Rimetea, starting from 14:00, all participants are invited to a bowl of warm meal.
- NEW! Also in Torockó/Rimetea, between 15:00–20:00, various kids’ activities will be organized for the little ones (and the grown-ups, too).
- From now on, out of consideration for the environment, single-use cups will not be available at the checkpoints; please bring your own bottle/cup.
Accommodation in Kolozsvár (Cluj)
FREE accommodation can be provided to the tour participants on mattresses, in the sports hall of the Báthory István High-school for the evening of Friday, May 10. Shower is also available. As the number of mattresses is limited, it is recommended to bring your own mat and by all means, a sleeping bag Pre-registration through the registration form is required.
The checkpoints will be provided with first aid kit.
A medical practitioner and a medical assistant will accompany the tour by car.
The mountain rescue service (Salvamont) has been notified about the tours. However, the participants should be aware that on certain sections it can take some time for the help to arrive. Everyone is responsible for their own safety and, if needed, should help other participants according to their abilities.